1. What's MCM?
Modified Clay Material, named as MCM
The amazing appearance and quality of MCM products is made from mixing the inherent natural colours of clay with acrylic. Thus it is able to recreate the unique features and characteristics of natural stone, woods, bricks, metal & leather : creativity is the only limit!
2. Where can you use this product?
MCM product is suitable for both internal & external application. It can go on any plaster board, cement board or substrate. Apply it to concrete block for an immediate stylish transformation of existing walls or fences.
Best for new builds or renovations, or for decorating commercial, office, retail, public, entertainment & domestic spaces and feature walls.
3. What's the composition?
Modified clay material is made up of natural clays and acrylic to bond it.
4. What's the application procedure?
Either use your professional tiler or DIY it.
Please refer to the installation guide online.
5. What about the prices?
Please send email to email@example.com for a current price list. Or call Versa Tiles NZ Ltd.
6. Can you send me a catalogue?
Please email or call and we can send via email or post.
7. What's MCM technology?
Through MCM technology, the mix of natural organic raw materials such as soil, sand, stone powder & ash undergo a spray-mixing process converting it into modified organic materials encapsulated with an active surface coating.
The resultant modified organic materials can then be shaped into various forms of composite materials such as thin sheet, board or block through manipulation of heating curves & photochemical isomerism technique.
With Phomi innovation, organic clay is now able to be cured un-fired into any shape and profile the same way as inorganic plastic.
Phomi technology breakthroughs have lead to the successful launch of the MCM decorative materials product range, with a carbon footprint reduced by 80% compared to traditional decorative materials and makes for gentle recycling on the environment.
8. What's the Product Advantage?
MCM DECORATIVE MATERIAL has infinite possibilities: It can substitute for or replace traditional stones, tiles, wallpaper, paint and wood in any shape or profile.
- Thin and light. Each tile is only 2-4mm thickness, with just 3-6 kg/㎡ weight, making it easy to install, and can be securely affixed with a standard tile adhesive, all translating into great savings and less transportation costs!
- Flexible and curvable - it can withstand lateral pulls and cracking forces. It also has an extra edge when applied over joints between separate panels or wrap-over round columns.
- Breathable - Allowing the space to breathe freely thereby achieving an ecological & healthier living environment
- Odourless & Moisture resistance - mould and damp-resistant
- Certified fire-resistant
- Superb Expression - The amazing appearance and quality of MCM products create stylish and contemporary spaces
- Easy-cleaning & Stain-Resistant - Easily cleaned with water
- Freeze-thaw Resistant - There is no appearance of surface powderising, cracks or scaling after more than 100 freeze-thaw cycles.
- Durable - Can withstand 3500h aging accelerated test that is equivalent to an outdoor life expectancy of at least 50 years.
- Water, Acid & Alkaline Resistant - Will not deform or damage when immersed in water, acid or alkali solutions.
- Recyclable – because of its natural qualities it is kinder on the environment for recycling purposes.